Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Babies

It has been about 4 weeks since the start of school and I have seen such progress in my babies that it makes me smile inside and out:) I began with 8 students who would smile and nod to me but would not speak - were basically non-verbal - and they are all using their words (as I say) and have even blossomed to the point of leading a class experiment. We were dicussing weather and the changes in water to ice when a student stood in front of me with this awesome story of making ice pops. I couldn't resist .... ice pops it was to provide a hands-on experience for making water turn to ice. Now mind you that this was a student that did not speak at all and was slow as methusala with EVERYTHING but now hustles with everything. I had him lead the experiment, explaining it to his classmates, and I have seen even more change in him since last Thursday that it just makes me cry to think about it. Can you tell?? I am completely proud of my babies....all 8 of them:) Here are some pictures of them completing the project, no faces of course.


They each got to pour 2 molds of their choiceHere they are each putting toothpicks in their poured molds.




The next day, Friday, we took them out of the molds and ate them while watching our "School House Rocks" video on grammar. What a fun day:)

Thanks for stopping by to read about my blessing ... I couldn't be happier with my 'God job':)

Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment